MeloBang is a step sequencer tool made for creating new melodies in playfull way. On top of proposing normal step sequencer functions, it proposes several functions to re-order the notes orders to create new spicy, nice & groovy melodies !
PROMOTION: 9,90euros from the 5th of March till the 20th March 2019…
Last version: V1.0/ 5th March 2019.
Ableton Live 9 & 10 / MaxForLive / Windows / Mac
Melobang is a new innovating step sequencer for Ableton Live / MaxForLive :
- Powerfull Step Sequencer (16 steps, note, velocity & duration can be edited easily),
- Repeat mode to create glitches,
- Chords mode (7thMajor, Major and Minor),
- Time signature can be set to binary or ternary mode,
- Random mode to produce surprising step sequences & melodies,
- You can save up to 8 different sequences.
- Step sequence & melodies can be played forward or reverse,
- Transposition mode,
- Mute mode to mute randomly notes,
- Alive mode to humanize velocity for each step (terrific on HitHats),
- Swing mode (we improved Roger’s algorithm 🙂 ).
- Radar mode, you can re-instanciate all steps notes order without destroying the original sequence,
- BigBang, let’s the computer re-order the notes for you,
- Factory Patterns, we selected 32 euclidean notes order patterns that rocks,
- Link, you can play the whole 8 sequences at the same time,
- Slice mode, you can in few seconds re-order any audio loop.
MeloBang is a creative tool made for creating new melodies in playfull way, it also can be used in live act to add improvisation into your music.
Creative, Instinctive, Chaotic.
A Radar ? Re-arrange steps order ?
This plug in aims at proposing a new way of creating and sequencing melodies.
On top of proposing normal step sequencer functions, it proposes several functions to re-order the note orders without destroying the original composition:
- Normally a sequence goes from 1 to 16 steps. When you play this sequence, the step orders are : 1 followed by 2 then 3… etc. until 16.
- Now, let’s imagine that you could re-arrange this order. For instance, why not playing steps like 1,2, 5,6, 1,2, 5,6 ?
MeloBang lets you re-arrange the way you want the order of the played sequence. You can use 3 modes:
- BigBang: a Chaotic mode to re-arrange the way the note orders are played,
- Factory Patterns: a set of pre defined note order (based on Euclidean algorithm),
- Draw mode : you can draw you own order,
In case of an emergency, a Panic button has been added to re-initialise the melody back to its orignal state. You are safe !
We added a Link mode : you can play the whole 8 sequences at the same time.
- Imagine a drum rack with 8 PADS filled with percussion sounds,
- For each sequence create a melody,
- Then click on ‘Link’,
- MeloBang will play the whole 8 sequences at the same time,
- As a consequence, MeloBang becomes a DrumBox.
We added a Slice mode
- In MeloBang, click on Slice button,
- Add an Ableton Live Simpler Instrument filled with an audio loop,
- In Simpler, click on ‘Slice’ too.
- Then play with MeloBang, and re-order the slices to create spicy new audio loops 🙂
A video will come soon.
Break effect ?
Let’s go back to our Link mode
- Imagine a drum rack filled with 64 or 128 pads 🙂
- If you click on ‘Link’, MeloBang will play the whole 8 sequence at the same time.
- Now play with the transpose function,
- MeloBang will create a “breaking” melodies, a new nice drum feel & sounds …
- a video will come soon.
Well, I think you should look at our documentation 🙂
Step Repeat Mode
For the moment .. we are not offering a DEMO version 🙁
- We usually provide demo version of our plug-ins,
- We worked on a MeloBang demo version but the results were not concluant,
- We didn’t want to publish a faillsoft version that wouldn’t show all the plugin capabilities,
- Rather, we decided to set a promotion period (nice price !).
We hope you will understand: providing good quality plug-ins matter.